I don’t know about you, but when I was in high school, I took a typing class. It’s served me well since then, because I’ve done a lot of typing. Like most of you, I learned on the standard QWERTY keyboard. The problem with this keyboard, though, is that people who use this keyboard set-up are at a higher risk for developing RSI (repetitive strain injury) and carpal tunnel syndrome. There is a way to reduce the risk of developing RSI, even if you do a lot of typing, and that is by using the Dvorak keyboard, which is pictured below:
Archives for August 2014
Whether you work from home or in a brick and mortar office, everyone has things they can’t work without. In this blog post, I’ll be sharing some of the things that people who work from home can’t work without. First, I’d like to start with my own list though.
- My computer – This one is obvious, I’m sure. I need my computer to do the work I do for Apptical, and I need at least some kind of electronic device, whether it’s my Kindle or my phone, to jot down ideas I get when I’m away from my computer.
- My Samsung Galaxy phone– As I just mentioned above, when I can’t be in front of my computer, I use my mobile phone to make notes about things I need to do, or to check emails.
- My Kindle – I also use my Kindle to make notes and check email, and I also read a lot of books on it that give me ideas for different things related to my business.
- My landline phone – I need my landline phone for my current work from home job with Apptical, which I need to hold on to until I’m making enough money from other sources.
- Evernote – I use Evernote for all sorts of things, such saving important emails or articles that I want to read, making to-do lists and setting reminders for things I need to do.
In this post I’m excited to provide some input from other people who have been working from home. The table below provides a little information on these people:
|Writer, Dreamer, Believer.|
If you work at home, at one point or another someone has probably asked you when you’re going to get a “real” job. There are a lot of different ways to respond to this question. In this blog post, I’m going to share a few people’s responses to this question.
Evernote is an application that you can use to keep track of all kinds of different information. You can use it to create text notes, voice notes or save pictures that are important to you. You can also clip articles from the web that you may want to refer to later. I’ve been using Evernote for over a year now, and it’s helped me keep information organized in my personal life, as well as in my professional life. Some of the ways I use Evernote in my personal life include: